Dogs and their owners are invited to run, romp and relax at our off-leash dog park. The large grass-covered dog park has separate areas for small and large dogs.
Dog Park Relocation
The New Dog Park is open!
The temporary dog park location closes April 18. Upon opening in 2020, this first location was designated as temporary from the start knowing that the former hospital athletic field is part of the future Gipson Play Plaza.
New Dog Park Location: 1800 Umstead Drive, Raleigh, NC 27603
Parking: Weekday parking M-F 8:00 am - 5:00 pm is available in the gravel lot only. Evenings and weekend parking available in all lots.
Know Before You Go
- All City of Raleigh Dog Park Rules apply.
- Dogs are required to be on-leash in all areas of Dix Park outside the dog park fence.
- Water station with fountain, bottle/bowl filler and dog fountain is avaiable.
- Port-a-johns are available. Indoor restrooms are located at the Chapel Event Center
- North Carolina DHHS administrative headquarters are located on park grounds. Please be respectful of the employees at work and avoid buildings and paved employee parking areas during business hours, Monday - Friday.
- Routine closures for maintenance are needed to keep the field and fencing in good shape. Notices are posted on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
The dog park is not supervised. Owners and handlers are responsible for their dogs and their dogs' behavior at all times.
In case of an emergency, call 9-1-1. If you do not believe the area is safe, call the Raleigh Police Department at 919-831-6311.
Special Events + Road Closures
Please be aware that races and other weekend events at Dix Park require short-term road closures, which impacts vehicle access into and around Dix Park - including the Dog Park parking lot.
Saturday, May 21, 10:30-12:30am
Saturday, June 11, 8:00-10:00am
Run for Love 5K
Saturday, June 18, 8:00-10:00am
Oberlin Village Heritage 5K