Dogs and their owners are invited to run, romp and relax at the off-leash dog park now open at Dix Park. The dog park is temporarily located on the site of the former athletic field on Biggs Drive.
This facility provides a much needed off-leash dog area for park visitors, with all other areas of Dix Park requiring dogs to be on-leash. The 3+ acre dog park is open to the public seven days a week and includes separate areas for small and large dogs.
Location: Dix Park Dog Park, 801 Biggs Drive, Raleigh, NC 27603
Know Before You Go:
- All City of Raleigh Dog Park Rules apply.
- Dogs are required to be on-leash in all other areas of Dix Park.
- Be sure to bring a water bottle for yourself and your furry friends, too.
- Port-a-johns and hand washing stations are available.
- Wednesday mornings the dog park is closed while our Parks crew is mowing.
- North Carolina DHHS administrative headquarters are located on park grounds. Please be respectful of the employees at work and avoid buildings and employee parking areas during business hours.
- Routine closures for maintenance and rest periods are needed to keep the field and fencing in good shape. Notices are posted on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Please be aware that races and other weekend events at Dix Park require short-term road closures around the dog park area. Visit the City of Raleigh Special Events Calendar for details and dates of races that might impact the access in and around this area.
The temporary dog park is not supervised. Owners and handlers are responsible for their dogs and their dog’s behavior at all times. In case of an emergency, call 9-1-1. If you do not believe the area is safe, call the Raleigh Police Department at 919-831-6311.
Dog Park Transition:
This facility was designated as temporary from the start knowing that the former athletic field location is part of the Dix Park Plaza & Play project area. As we move forward with the Plaza & Play design process, we are working to identify a relocation space for the dog park.
- Weekday dog park parking is available on Palmer Drive, see map below.
- Please be aware that races and other weekend events at Dix Park require short-term road closures around the dog park area. Visit the City of Raleigh Special Events Calendar for details and dates of races that might impact the access in and around this area. For questions of concerns, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.