Visit the Daffodils at Dix Park
- The daffodils bloom February - March
- The daffodils are planted in Flowers Field off Umstead Drive behind the Flower Cottage and near the historic cemetery.
- Weekday Public Parking is available in gravel lot on Hunt Drive.
- On weeknights and weekends, park visitors are welcome to use any paved lot.
- You can walk or bike to the park. Dix Park is located on the Rocky Branch Greenway.
Know Before You Go
- Visitors are welcome to visit the daffodils seven days-a-week, from dawn until dusk.
- Please stay on the grass paths in the field and keep children and pets from straying into the daffodils.
- Please do not pick the flowers!
- Please keep your pup (or other pets) on-leash and pick up after them.
- To see the daffodils up close, walking up and down hills, in grass and on uneven surfaces will be necessary. We recommend closed-toe shoes.
- Please maintain 6 feet of social distancing between yourself and anyone not from your household and follow all Raleigh Parks COVID-19 Guidelines.
- Port-a-johns are the only restroom available in the park and are located at Flowers Field and the Big Field.
- NC Department of Health and Human Services employees work on the campus Monday -Friday. Please be respectful of their working environment and avoid all buildings and DHHS parking areas during business hours.
- The Flower Cottage is operated by the Dorothea Dix Park Conservancy and is not open to the public.
*Professional photographers are welcome to have sessions at the park, however, all commercial film or photography taking place in a City of Raleigh Park requires a permit. You can apply for an annual film permit directly through the Parks, Recreation and Cultural Resources Department. This is a one year permit and covers all City of Raleigh Parks. To apply for the permit, please contact Kathryn Gebhardt with the Raleigh Parks at 919-996-4510 or email@example.com.
Dorothea Dix Park continues to work to be accessible and welcoming for visitors with disabilities and limited mobility. Accessible Parking with reserved spaces is available in all lots on campus. Handicap accessible port-a-johns are located at the Big Field and Flowers Field. Portions of Dorothea Dix Park, including some areas where programs and events occur, have uneven surfaces are not ADA accessible at this time.
Planning a visit to Dix Park and have questions about accessibility? Contact Joseph Voska, Programs and Operations Supervisor, at 919-996-6688 or firstname.lastname@example.org