Join us for an afternoon of four-legged fun and talk with park planners about the future location of the Dix Park Dog Park!
We'll have food trucks, local beer vendors, and music. Bring your pups, lawn chairs (if desired) and anything else you need to keep yourself and your pooch cool and comfortable.
Time: 11:00 am - 2:00 pm
Location: Temporary Dog Park at Dix Park, 801 Biggs Drive, Raleigh, NC 27603
Register/RSVP: Please register if you plan to attend. Having a count of how many people to expect helps us plan and we can contact you in the event of inclement weather.
Food + Beverage Vendors
Will and Pops
Bull City Ciderworks
Dingo Dog Brewing
COVID-19 Safety Reminders
- Please stay home if you are sick!
Mask use is strongly encouraged in outdoor spaces when social distancing is not possible.
- A 6-foot distance should be maintained between yourself and others outside your household.
- Visit Raleigh Parks COVID-19 page for the latest information and guidance.
Know Before You Go
- There are port-a-johns available and we will have water for the dogs.
- All pets MUST be leashed when at Dix Park outside of the Dog Park fence.
- Parking is available all around Harvey Hill on Middleton Drive, Picot Drive and Palmer Drive, along with lots off Biggs Drive.
Dorothea Dix Park continues to strive to be accessible and welcoming for visitors, including those with disabilities. Currently, portions of Dorothea Dix Park, including some areas where programs and events occur, have uneven surfaces and are not fully accessible. Accessibility is a primary focus for early park improvements and all future planning and development.
Parking: Accessible parking spaces are available in all lots.
Restrooms: Accessible port-a-johns are located at the Big Field and Flowers Field. Indoor accessible restrooms are available in the newly renovated Chapel.
Programs and events: Raleigh Parks Inclusion Services works with community members to support participation. To request a program modification based on the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), please complete and submit the Accommodation Request Form or contact Inclusion Services staff at 919-996-2147 or ParksInclusion@raleighnc.gov.