Inter-Tribal Pow Wow celebrating the legacy and culture of North Carolina Indigenous communities!
In partnership with indigenous community organizers and the Dix Park Conservancy, join us for Dix Park's Inter-Tribal Pow Wow. The community is invited to experience a day of competition dancing, music, and vendors showcasing the incredible legacy and culture of Indigenous communities living in North Carolina today.
Date: Saturday, August 26, 2023
Time: 11:30 am - 6:30 pm (Dancer registration 9:00-11:30 am)
Location: The Big Field at Dix Park, 101 Blair Drive Raleigh, NC 27603
RSVP: No tickets are required, however RSVPs help us plan for how many people to expect and you can receive important event information including inclement weather information.
Know Before You Go
- It's going to be HOT! We'll have mist tents, water bottle fill stations and some shade tents.
- Please come prepared for the weather and be mindful of staying hydrated and protected from the sun.
- Walking will be necessary in and around the event area. Please note, portions of the event have uneven surfaces.
- Portable restrooms will be available at the event site. ADA accessible facilities will be included.
- Indoor restrooms are available at the Chapel from 10:00 am - 4:00 pm.
- Leashed, well-behaved dogs are welcome, but please use your best judgement to determine if your pooch will enjoy the crowd and noise.
- If there is inclement weather, the event will be canceled and registered participants will be notified by email.
What to Bring
- Sunscreen, hats, umbrellas and a re-fillable water bottle
- Bug spray and wear closed-toe shoes
- Camp chairs and blankets
- Outside food and non-alcoholic beverages are allowed
Please Note: Lake Wheeler Road Closure
Construction activity will close the section of Lake Wheeler Road between South Saunders Street and Maywood Avenue from Friday, August 25 at 7:00 pm through Sunday, August 27.
Traffic will be detoured by way of South Saunders Street and Maywood Avenue during the road closure.
Getting to Dix Park
Dix Park visitors should use either Western Boulevard to enter at S. Boylan Avenue or Hunt Drive, or Centennial Parkway to enter at Blair Drive.
- Parking is available in all paved and gravel lots.
- Due to the high volume of people and limited parking, please carpool if possible.
Dix Park continues to strive to be accessible and welcoming for visitors, including those with disabilities. Currently, portions of Dix Park, including some areas where programs and events occur, have uneven surfaces and are not fully accessible. Accessibility is a primary focus for early park improvements and all future planning and development.
Parking: Accessible parking spaces are available in all lots.
Restrooms: Accessible port-a-johns are located at the Big Field and Flowers Field. Indoor accessible restrooms are available in the newly renovated Chapel.
Programs and events: Raleigh Parks Inclusion Services works with community members to support participation. To request a program modification based on the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), please complete and submit the Accommodation Request Form or contact Inclusion Services staff at 919-996-2147 or ParksInclusion@raleighnc.gov.
Contact Dix Park Staff at 919-996-3255 or firstname.lastname@example.org