Stay in the Loop
Sign up to receive updates about park planning, projects going on throughout the park, upcoming events, and opportunities to get involved creating a park for everyone, built by everyone.
Your time, talent, and dedication will make this park the best it can be! Click the links below to sign up.
Event Volunteers Needed
- Dorothea Dix Invitational - October 2
- Support the cross country race operations by helping at the finish line, water station and hospitality tent, monitoring the track, calling split times, and cheering on racers.
- Falling For Local - October 16
- Support event operations as activity assistants and greeters.
- Stroll in the Streets - October 17
- Activity Assistants - Provides information to event attendees and will also support event activities.
- Street Assistants - Greets patrons, monitors street closures, and supports event logistics.
Dix Park Garden Volunteers
Garden Volunteers work alongside Raleigh Parks staff helping with horticulture needs across the park. The Garden Volunteers meet the last Wednesday of every month from 9 am- 12 pm. Dix Park Garden Volunteer details and application.
Interested in other volunteer opportunities with Dix Park? Fill out the volunteer form below and a member of the Dix Park Conservancy team will reach out to you. Email email@example.com for more information.
Dix Park Planning Specialist - Part Time
The City of Raleigh is seeking an engaging and dynamic person that will be part of the Dix Park team to provide immediate capacity for the planning, design and construction of Dorothea Dix Park. This role will assist with planning and development projects, communications, and stakeholder engagement. Application open until October 7, 2021.
A park for everyone isn’t built by just a few. Be a part of this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to create America’s next great signature park - right here in Raleigh, NC. Your donation to the Dix Park Conservancy supports park planning and community engagement, along with free events and programs for the community.