It's been five years since the adoption of the master plan and Dix Park's transformation is underway! Want to know more? With a number of park master plan projects in construction, ongoing studies, and adjacent City initiatives — there is so much to learn at the second annual Dix Park Project Summit.
Staff and consultant teams from Dix Park, Dix Park Conservancy, City of Raleigh and Neighboring Organizations are coming together to showcase all the efforts in motion supporting the transformation of the park.
Time: 5:00 - 7:00 pm
Location: The Chapel at Dix Park, 1030 Richardson Drive, Raleigh, NC 27603
Drop in to the Chapel to get the newest updates from:
- Cultural Interpretive Plan
- Rocky Branch Enhancement
- Accessibility Improvements
- Gipson Play Plaza
- Municipal Service District Outreach
- Stone Houses Renovation
- Park Concessions
- Conservancy Public Art Program
- Lake Wheeler Rd Improvements
- Western Blvd Bus Rapid Transit
- Downtown Mobility Study
- Green Stormwater Infrastructure
- Office of Sustainability
- Office of Community Engagement
- Healing Transitions Expansion
- NC State Activate Lake Raleigh
Directions and Parking
- Via Western Boulevard: Enter at Hunt Drive or S. Boylan Avenue
- Via Lake Wheeler Road: Enter at Umstead Drive
- Follow Signs towards The Chapel
- Parking is located in the lots next to and in front of the Chapel. ADA parking is available.
- Click on the image below for an enlarged parking map.
Dix Park continues to strive to be accessible and welcoming for visitors, including those with disabilities. Currently, portions of Dix Park, including some areas where programs and events occur, have uneven surfaces and are not fully accessible. Accessibility is a primary focus for early park improvements and all future planning and development.
Parking: ADA parking spaces for the Chapel are to the left and out front of the building. ADA parking spaces are available in all lots.
Chapel Entrance: Ramp and ADA push button activated door is located to the left of the front of the building.
Restrooms: Indoor accessible restrooms are available in the Chapel.
Programs and events: Raleigh Parks Inclusion Services works with community members to support participation. To request a program modification based on the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), please complete and submit the Accommodation Request Form or contact Inclusion Services staff at 919-996-2147 or ParksInclusion@raleighnc.gov.
Contact Dix Park Staff at 919-996-3255 or firstname.lastname@example.org