Join Ms. Linda from Quail Ridge Books under a beautiful oak tree in Dix Park for stories, rhymes, songs, and movement. Bring your favorite outdoor chair or blanket to sit on. You can also pack a picnic lunch to enjoy in the park after story time.
Ages 3-6, only. All children must be accompanied by an adult.
Time: 11:00 - 11:30 am
Location: Graham Building Lawn, 691 Palmer Drive, Raleigh, NC 27603
Tickets: Participation is limited to 15 children per program. Registration is required. Registration opens one week in advance at 12:00 pm.
Due to COVID-19, programs will look a bit different. New health and safety precautions, including wellness checks and mask requirements have been put in place to ensure your safety and the safety of park staff. All COVID-19 related information is listed on the Eventbrite registration page.
Know Before You Go
- This program is outside, please dress accordingly and wear closed-toe shoes.
- Walking in grass and one uneven terrain will be necessary.
- Participants 5 years and older will be required to wear a masks at all times except when they are able to physically distance themselves from others.
- There are only port-a-johns available for restroom facilities in the park.
- The program will be canceled if there is inclement weather and registered participants will be notified by email.
Dorothea Dix Park continues to work to be accessible and welcoming for visitors with disabilities and limited mobility. Accessible Parking with reserved spaces are available in all lots on campus. Handicap accessible port-a-johns are located at the Big Field and Flowers Field. Portions of Dorothea Dix Park, including some areas where programs and events occur, have uneven surfaces are not ADA accessible at this time.
Planning a visit to Dix Park and have questions about accessibility? Contact Joseph Voska, Programs and Operations Supervisor, at 919-996-6688 or email@example.com