*** Opening Reception SOLD OUT***
Living in Color Artist Exhibition
Dix Park, in partnership with Raleigh Film and Art Festival, presents a curated black history month exhibition showcasing the best talent of 2023 from across the state. A riveting month-long display of visual art representing the experience of people of color living in the south. Enjoy an array of spectacular pieces by professional and student artists.
Visit the Exhibit
- On display Sunday, February 5 - Sunday, February 26, 2023
- Exhibit Hours are Saturday 10am-4pm & Sunday 12-5pm
This exhibit is free to the public thanks to Dix Park Conservancy donors.
***SOLD OUT*** Exhibit Opening Reception - Saturday, February 4
- Drinks and light hors d'oeuvres
- Live music from a local jazz band
- Spoken word feature performance
- Powerful 15 minute live stage play scene
- Panel Discussion and Q&A
Time: 1:30 - 3:30 pm
Location: The Chapel
Tickets are free and not required, but your RSVP helps us plan for attendance.
Directions & Parking
- Dix Park Chapel Event Center, address is 1030 Richardson Drive, Raleigh, NC 27603
- The best entrances into the park to use are Hunt Drive off of Western Boulevard or Umstead Drive off of Lake Wheeler Road
- Parking is located in the large lot in front of the Chapel Event Center.
Dorothea Dix Park continues to strive to be accessible and welcoming for visitors, including those with disabilities. Currently, portions of Dorothea Dix Park, including some areas where programs and events occur, have uneven surfaces and are not fully accessible. Accessibility is a primary focus for early park improvements and all future planning and development.
Parking: Accessible parking spaces are available in all lots.
Restrooms: Accessible port-a-johns are located at the Big Field and Flowers Field. Indoor accessible restrooms are available in the newly renovated Chapel.
Programs and events: Raleigh Parks Inclusion Services works with community members to support participation. To request a program modification based on the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), please complete and submit the Accommodation Request Form or contact Inclusion Services staff at 919-996-2147 or ParksInclusion@raleighnc.gov.
Contact Dix Park Staff at 919-996-3255 or firstname.lastname@example.org