Arts on the Hill series will strengthen community ties through films with North Carolina roots and spoken word poetry at Dix Park.
For more than 10 years, the Raleigh Film and Art Festival has prided itself on developing avenues to aid artists in the freedom of expression - crossing paths with a cornucopia of talented individuals in the Triangle and across North Carolina. This partnership with Dix Park will give local, regional, and up-and-coming artists a platform to develop their talents and showcase their work.
- Author & Spoken Word Artist, Marisha
- Author & Spoken Word Artist, Genesis Harris
- NC Film Maker and Director of ‘Elle Rose’, Jessica B. Smith
- Music provided by DJ Damu
Time: 6:30 - 8:30 pm (Doors at 5:30 pm)
Location: Chapel at Dix Park, 1030 Richardson Dr. Raleigh, NC 27603
Tickets: Tickets are free, seating is limited.
COVID-19 Safety Update
- Visitors are encouraged to wear masks indoors.
- Please stay home if you are sick!
- Visit Raleigh Parks COVID-19 page for the latest information and guidance.
Know Before You Go:
- Seating will be available on a first-come, first-serve basis. There is no assigned seating.
- Parking is located in the large lot in front of the Chapel Event Center.
Dorothea Dix Park continues to strive to be accessible and welcoming for visitors, including those with disabilities. Currently, portions of Dorothea Dix Park, including some areas where programs and events occur, have uneven surfaces and are not fully accessible. Accessibility is a primary focus for early park improvements and all future planning and development.
Parking: Accessible parking spaces are available in all lots.
Restrooms: Indoor accessible restrooms are available in the newly renovated Chapel. Accessible port-a-johns are located at the Big Field and Flowers Field.
Programs and events: Raleigh Parks Inclusion Services works with community members to support participation. To request a program modification based on the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), please complete and submit the Accommodation Request Form or contact Inclusion Services staff at 919-996-2147 or ParksInclusion@raleighnc.gov.
Contact Dix Park Staff at 919-996-3255 or email@example.com